Board Defense is an insecticide, termiticide and fungicide concentrate for the control of wood destroying insects and rot. It is a very versatile product for the protection and treatment of wood against all wood destroying organisms.
System Three Board Defense is a water-soluble white powder. It can be used dry or in solution to form an effective penetrating solution. There are no hazardous solvents and no odors. The active ingredient in Board Defense, Disodium Octaborate Tetrahydrate, is a borate derivative that will not break down over time. Borates have been used as a safe and effective pest control for over 40 years and is a part of the System Three EndRot System for wood rot repair.
Board Defense is applied as a dust or solution (mixed with water) for treatment of wood against wood destroying organisms and for general insect and fungus control. When applied as a solution, Board Defense will use the moisture present in wood to penetrate deep into the board. Since Board Defense does not break down, the active ingredient will be drawn deeper into the wood over time. This provides long lasting and effective protection.
- 2 oz. pkg mixed with water makes 1 Pint of liquid solution.
- 1 lb. pkg mixed with water makes 1 Gallon of liquid solution.
System Three Board Defense is:
- effective against decay, fungi, termites, beetles, carpenter ants, cockroaches, ants, silverfish and crickets.
- a slow acting stomach poison to insects and an instant contact poison to wood rot and fungi.
- used as the first step in System Three Resins’ EndRot System for wood rot repair to make sure that the wood destroying organisms are destroyed before it is repaired and patched.
As wood destroying insects and their larvae carry on their normal activities, they accumulate Board Defense in their systems. A buildup of Board Defense eventually poisons the insect.